Generic Cordarone / Amiodarone
Generic Cordarone is an antiarrhythmic medication that affects the rhythm of heartbeats. It is applied to help keep the heart beating normally in people with life-threatening heart rhythm disorders.
|200mg × 30 pills||£1.56||£46.75||Buy now|
|200mg × 60 pills||£1.46||£87.40||Buy now|
|200mg × 90 pills||£1.36||£121.96||Buy now|
|200mg × 120 pills||£1.29||£154.49||Buy now|
|200mg × 180 pills||£1.23||£221.57||Buy now|
Amiodarone Hydrochloride pill
What is Generic Cordarone?
AMIODARONE is an antiarrhythmic drug. It helps make your heart beat regularly. Because of the side effects caused by Generic Cordarone, it is only used when other tablets have not worked. It is usually used for heartbeat problems that may be life threatening.
What I have to tell my health care provider before I take Generic Cordarone?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- liver disease
- lung disease
- other heart problems
- thyroid disease
- an unusual or allergic reaction to amiodarone, iodine, other tablets, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
How I have to use Generic Cordarone?
Take Generic Cordarone by mouth with a glass of water. You can take Generic Cordarone with or without food. However, you should always take it the same way each time. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on the advice of your doctor or health care professional.
Talk to the pediatrician regarding the apply of Generic Cordarone in children. Special care may be needed.
Overdosage: If you think you have taken too much of Generic Cordarone contact a poison control center or emergency room at once.
NOTE: This medicine is only for you. Do not share Generic Cordarone with others.
What if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
What may interact with Generic Cordarone?
Do not take Generic Cordarone with any of the following medications:
- arsenic trioxide
- certain macrolide antibiotics
- certain quinolone antibiotics
- medicines for malaria like chloroquine and halofantrine
- medicines for mental depression such as tricyclic antidepressants
- medicines to control heart rhythm like disopyramide, dofetilide, ibutilide, propafenone, and sotalol
- phenothiazines like chlorpromazine, mesoridazine, and thioridazine
- red yeast rice
This pill may also interact with the following medications:
- beta blockers
- calcium channel blockers
- general anesthetics
- grapefruit juice
- medicines for fungal infections like ketoconazole, fluconazole, and itraconazole
- medicines for HIV, AIDS
- medicines for seizures such as phenytoin
- medicines for thyroid problems
- medicines to lower cholesterol such as atorvastatin, cerivastatin, lovastatin, or simvastatin
- rifampin, rifabutin, or rifapentine
- St. John's Wort
This list may not describe all possible interactions. Give the well-being care provider a list of all the pills, herbs, non-prescription medications, or dietary supplements you use. Also tell them if you smoke, drink alcohol, or use illegal medications. Some items may interact with the tablet.
What must I watch for while using Generic Cordarone?
Your condition will be monitored closely when you first begin therapy. Often, this drug is first started in a hospital or other monitored health care setting. Once you are on maintenance therapy, visit your medic or well-being care professional for regular checks on your progress. Because your condition and apply of Generic Cordarone carry some risk, it is a good idea to carry an identification card, necklace or bracelet with details of the condition, medications, and medic or well-being care professional.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how Generic Cordarone affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells.
This pill can make you more sensitive to the sun. Keep out of the sun. If you cannot avoid being in the sun, wear protective clothing and apply sunscreen. Do not apply sun lamps or tanning beds/booths.
You should have regular eye exams before and during treatment. Call your doctor if you have blurred vision, see halos, or your eyes become sensitive to light. Your eyes may get dry. It may be helpful to use a lubricating eye solution or artificial tears solution.
If you are going to have surgery or a procedure that requires contrast dyes, tell your doctor or health care professional that you are taking Generic Cordarone.
What by-effects may I notice from Generic Cordarone?
Side effects that you must report to your doctor or well-being care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- breathing problems
- chest pain
- dark urine
- fast, irregular heartbeat
- feeling faint or light-headed
- intolerance to heat or cold
- nausea or vomiting
- pain and swelling of the scrotum
- pain, tingling, numbness in feet, hands
- spitting up blood
- stomach pain
- unusual or uncontrolled movements of body
- unusually weak or tired
- weight gain or loss
- yellowing of the eyes or skin
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to the medic or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- blue gray coloring of the skin
- blurred vision, seeing blue green halos, increased sensitivity of the eyes to light
- change in sex drive or performance
This list may not describe all possible side effects.
Where I have to keep Generic Cordarone?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature between 20 and 25 degrees C (68 and 77 degrees F). Protect from light. Keep container tightly closed. Throw away any unused pill after the expiration date.